Recipes, ingredients and ideas to make your fuel (food and software!) go further.
In this three part blog series as we lead up to Christmas, the Meterian Team will share with you their work and christmas holiday hacks of life. First and foremost, let’s get our coding projects secured so we can have some peace of mind over the holidays.
Five things to do this December and then forgeddaboutit until 2021
1. Sign up to Meterian free trial (5 mins)
2. Run your Security, Stability, Licence check and get to know your components (20 mins)
3. Triage: Automatically fix out of date components, set exclusions or identify issues to discuss a mitigation plan. (30 mins)
4. Schedule your action plan (20mins)
5. Automate it to run continuously with your favourite CI, GitHub Action, or BitBucket Pipe so your software dependencies are checked without you needing to be interrupted during any of your Christmas socials.
This last step will require you to put in some time and effort. Our customers have done this in minutes to several hours over 2 days. The best part is that once it’s done and you’ve got it running automatically, you can just leave it running and put your feet up. Or perhaps run off and be there for someone else who needs you. Boost your apps’ open source security — Enjoy!