About the Role
Meterian, a London-based web and application security leader disrupting cloud-based security solutions with its AI-powered platform, seeks a highly motivated Sales Development Representative (SDR). The ideal candidate is passionate about tech sales and will be selling software (SaaS) products to solve an important need for industry professionals to become force multipliers in their organisation to protect their business and customers from cyber attacks.
We care about giving customers practical and accurate solutions and are passionate in making the world a safe and thriving space for all to enjoy. The founding team have worked at companies including Vodafone, Tesco, Amazon, Yahoo and other high growth software engineering and product development teams. Join us and help organisations secure their applications as we grow in the UK and beyond — http://www.meterian.io.
This is the perfect opportunity to join and become a pivotal part of a fun, fast-paced, and growing business!
Expected start date: April 2022
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Place of work: London W10, flexible for remote work after successful onboarding
Salary: £23,000 base with £46,000 OTE in 1st year (uncapped commission)
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to start a sales career on the ground floor of an exciting software-as-a-service (SaaS) business with high growth potential at a time when cybersecurity software products are high in demand due to the rapid acceleration of businesses moving to the cloud and unprecedented production of software applications. Propelling towards scale-up growth, employees who join now will have direct impact on growth of the business and potential to reap the rewards. We are seeking an entrepreneurial, highly-motivated individual to help grow our burgeoning sales channel.
You will be working alongside the CEO, CTO, and Chief Growth Officer. They will teach you everything you need to know about our products to sell it to our target customers. Your performance target achievement will be measured on leads that convert to sales pipeline.
The Right Candidate Will:
- Help us grow revenue by bringing an increased flow of qualified leads for our inside sales team
- Become an expert at using lead generation tools to generate lists of target prospect accounts
- Qualify prospects based on their current business challenges and needs using targeted and relevant questions
- Schedule discovery calls for our inside sales team
- Be proficient at using a sales development platform to execute the outreach process consisting of phone, email, and social touches
- Meet or exceed qualified lead/demos quota every month
- Strive to continuously improve the sales development process and demonstrate a willingness to learn and implement best practices
- Represent and demonstrate our company values, brand, and mission
- Think outside the box when crafting a convincing email proposal or supporting a teammate to close a deal.
- Enjoy the thrill of selling a software (SaaS) solution to enterprises
Top characteristics and traits for a successful SDR:
- Comfortable speaking and asking questions at the right level with C-level executives, technologists, and software developers from our target customer segments
- Genuinely wants to help the customer solve their problems
- Organisation, prioritisation and self-discipline skills to maximise efficiency on the job
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Self-motivated with ability to work in fast paced, changing environment
- A thirst for knowledge and growth in a start-up environment
- A person of action and persistence
- Prior lead generation, sales prospecting, and cold calling experience is a plus but not required
- Team player, cares about our product, our teammates, as well as personal growth
Why join us?
- The opportunity to get involved in the customer success strategy and execution.
- The tools you need to deliver the work.
- The autonomy and flexibility you need to get the job done.
- Job training with CEO, CTO, and Chief Growth Officer. Learn from their collective experience of over 60 years in the fast-moving tech sector: how to deliver double- and triple-digit growth at innovative, software-driven businesses that run agile processes. We will teach skills you can put in practice and coach you to turn good work into great work.
- Performance bonus, stock options, pension plan
- Paid time off and flexible working hours
- Flexibility to support remote/office working arrangements
- Accessible via public transportation (tube, bus, bicycles, e-scooters) and close proximity to fitness centres
- Regular company socials
- If you’re in the office, we have an array of breakfast, snacks, drinks and espresso machine
We hire great people and give them the opportunity to bring their best self to work, be constantly learning, and make a visible, impactful difference.
Enjoy a challenge? Intellectually curious, and willing to work hard to achieve ambitious goals with us on the Meterian journey? If you have the right to work in the UK, we invite you to apply. Sending us your CV with an introduction of yourself to email@example.com